A phase of sobriety and solitude has its perks.
I went out for the first time in a long time. I'm 2 months sober and I'm feeling great!
I worked hard today, real hard. A day as great as today deserves a great ending. So I went out, and before I knew it, I was surrounded by a lovely group of ladies.
I looked deep into her eyes--I'm a sucker for eyes--and she seemed to connect to me almost instantly. Of course, I didn't recognize this immediately. I noticed, what I should have noticed immediately, a little late (not too late, though). This is the story of my life.
Sometimes a second is all that matters. After that second passes, the "what if's" start. I hate the "what if's." I bet 'the most interesting man in the world' never asks "what if?..."
No more "what if's" for me
No comments:
Post a Comment